CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 21, 2011

5 Little Pumpkins

One of my fave activities to do in October is the 5 Little Pumpkins poem. I teach a lot of poetry so we discuss end line rhyme and practice using our expressive voices. It's a short poem, but the kids love to act it out and perform for other classes :)

I made the 5 pumpkins out of cereal boxes. I cut the pumpkins out, covered them in felt, gave them faces, used pipe cleaners for vines and used tongue depressors as handles. Super easy and fun if you like a good craft project :) I do.

Here is a video I took today....This was our first day doing it...


After we act out the poem, we do another activity. I pass out a gate and 5 pumpkins to color. They color and cut the pumpkins and glue them on the gate. I also have them write what each pumpkin says since we just learned how to punctuate quotation sentences! Here is a closer look at the pumpkins...



Happy October!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment