CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Rebus Poem & FREEBIE!

This is one of my favorite lessons for Halloween! I came up with it last year and couldn't wait to do it again. I introduce rebus poems to the kids and then I share with them a rebus poem that I wrote. I bought lots of cute Halloween scrapbook stickers and typed up the poem. I put it on foam board when it was complete.

Here is a picture of my rebus poem...


After I share my poem and we read it together, I have the students write their own spooky Halloween rebus story (or poem). I put about 10 Halloween stickers on paper and photocopied a sheet for each student. They cut and glue the photocopied stickers to replace words in their stories!
Spooky Rebus Story
Enjoy!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Well Mrs.Slayton you have done it again!! SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I'd like to use one of your rebus poems. Can you contact me? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete