CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gingerbread Descriptive Writing

So, I happen to love holiday projects of all sorts and sizes, and even though my list of writing projects is already too long, I couldn't help but create another one! I really wanted to have the kids write about a gingerbread this year, so I thought of a cute creative writing project last week. We did them yesterday and they turned out cute :)

Here is the fill in the blank story I put on the SmartBoard.

Hi! My name is ___________ the gingerbread boy/girl. I saved myself from being eaten yesterday! I jumped off of the cookie sheet and ran over the _________________, under the ________________, through the _______________, around the __________________, and hid in a ______________________! I feel so ______________ and ________________ to be alive!

I really pushed them to write descriptively by using at least ONE adjective before each noun when filling in the blank. (ex: I ran over the gooey dough, under the baker's hand, ... )

I was super impressed by their creativity and nouns they chose!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    I love this idea! I am doing it next week. I just gave you the Sunshine Award. Come over and collect it.
    2B Honey Bunch

    ReplyDelete