CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Glass Magnets

I had bunch of left over glass gems and magnets from Andrew's summer camp (I ran the crafts with the kids) so I decided to use em' up!!! I plan on having a daily language arts question on the board each day....

Example : "Sea and See are Synonyms..." There will be a "yes" and "no" column that the kids will move their magnet to in order to answer the question. (If answered correctly they would move it to the "NO" column since they are homonyms...)

Providing a safe and comfortable learning environment is crucial for these activities. Students need to feel that it's OK if their answer in a different column than others and that it's OK to make mistakes. I try to make it a point EVERY DAY to emphasize how important mistakes are because we can LEARN from them..

All you need are glass gems, scrapbook paper, pen, magnets, hot glue gun and glass/bead glue!


Other ideas for these could be:

- Daily 5
- Write a letter for each gem so students can build words
-Hanging Student Work
- Utilize your whiteboard and hang projects with their name magnets
- Vowel Sound Sort
- Write words with long and short vowel sounds for students to categorize
-Math
- Write numbers...Students randomly grab...multiply, divide, add, subtract, etc!
- Gifts
- Students can design their own for Mother's Day, Father's Day, Holiday gifts, etc!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. So cool! I'll add that to my "to-make" list...I've glass gems just waiting for a use.
    http://2bhoneybunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Results as always!!! Good Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and am a new follower!

    Quench Your First

    ReplyDelete