CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Star of the Week

This week I am modeling how Star of the Week works :) I absolutely love doing Star Student in second grade. I love seeing their cute posters and learning new fun things about each student. Here is how I work it.

- I pull sticks to decide who gets to be Star Student
- I send home our STAR bag on Friday (it's filled with information for parents)
- They make a poster over the weekend to share on Monday. Here is mine :)
- They bring their FAVORITE picture book for me to read to the class during the week
- They get to enjoy special privileges that week as well (line leader, paper passer, run errands, etc.)
- I read a letter from their parent/s on why they are their STAR student (stationary is sent home in the folder)

Thats it! Pretty simple and sweet! The letters from parents is new this year and I think it'll be super cute... I will save the letter and put it in their 2nd grade portfolio.

If you have any ideas or thoughts about things to do for Star Student, I'd love to hear!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment